M8 Microscope and Scanner
Discover the future of digital microscopy
*For research purposes only
The smartphone of digital microscopes
Precipoint’s M8 serves as a dual microscope and scanner, with all functions accessible via a touchscreen computer – making it a true digital microscope. Our intuitive software makes it easy to navigate through your microscope slides with just the touch of your fingers. Since everything is automated and digitized, there is no need for eyepieces or manual focus knobs. Work with a touchscreen computer, tablet or smartphone and literally examine the sample with your own hands.
Our Live Stitching feature instantly combines multiple images captured at the resolution of the lens into a single full frame.
You have an overview of the entire slide in seconds and an amazingly large field of view. Focusing and brightness correction is automatic with PreciPoint’s M8 to produce a high-resolution image.
Faster results - the M8 as a microscope
What if your workflow was tailored to your needs?
The M8 fits and adapts perfectly to your workflow to speed up your research process.
See how much you can get done in less than 60 seconds, whereas before it took hours.
Would you like to learn more?
Contact us to learn more about how we can work together to digitize your lab operations!
Simple workflows - the M8 as a slide scanner
Whole Slide Image Linde, Tilia — gescannt mit dem PreciPoint M8
- Overview image
- Supported lenses: 20x to 60x air (Olympus)
- Seamless zoom: Live stitching eliminates need for lens changes
- Barcode scanning: On request
- Automated X-Y Stage: 25 x 75mm (2 slides) or 50 x 75mm (1 slide)
- Automated Z-Axe
- Z-Stacking: Yes (450 μm range)
- Light: transmitted light; LED, brightfield
- Dimensions: 45cm x 40cm x 30cm; 25kg
- Optional: Software-based applications and analyses
- Scanning parameters: Full slide imaging or partial digitization
- Screenshots in seconds
- Scanning speed per slide at 20x: 2 min*.
- Remote and real-time access
- Scan resolution with 20x: 0.5 – 0.8 NA**: 0.55 μm/px
- Scan resolution with 40x: 0.75 – 0.95 NA**: 0.28 μm/px
- Scan resolution with 60x: 0.9 NA: 0.18 μm/px
- ViewPoint image formats: VMIC, VMS, VMU, GTIF, NDPI, SCN, MRXS, TIF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP*Depending on sample preparation, scan parameters and objectives; 15×15 mm**Depending on the lens used
- Recommended: Dell or ASUS All-In-One & Multitouch, Win 8.1. or 10
- Connection from computer to M8: USB 3.0
- Image formats MicroPoint: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, VMIC
- ViewPoint image formats: VMIC, VMS, VMU, GTIF, NDPI, SCN, MRXS, TIF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Annotations, measurements and image post-processing: CSV / XLS, VPA, FPF
- Software included
Download M8 Brochure
Your privacy is important to us. PreciPoint uses your information to contact you about relevant content, products and services.